Is the Bible True? Two sessions from the popular FaithSearch Discovery presentation address this and other critical questions on this audio CD.
Session 1: Testing New Testament Integrity (Approx. 19:15)
- Hasn’t the Bible been changed a lot since it was written?
- Did the writers of the Gospels know Jesus?
- Didn’t a church council decide which books should be in the New Testament 400 years after they were written?
Some claim the New Testament of the Bible was written long after Jesus’ death and not by eyewitnesses to the events described. Others are convinced the original writings have been altered through errors in copying through the centuries. This session presents evidence that contradicts both of these claimsevidence verifying that today’s New Testament records are of the highest integrity.
Session 2: Testing New Testament Historical Reliability (Approx. 34:10)
- Aren’t there many contradictions in the Bible?
- How can I know that something written 2,000 years ago is really true?
- What difference does it make to faith whether the New Testament is history or not?
Even though the New Testament writings were transmitted accurately for 2,000 years, the question still remains whether the information transmitted is true. The abundant evidence of archaeology and of quotes in early literature give assurance that the New Testament is historically reliable.