From the FaithSearch Answers Series, our Revealing the Fingerprints of God audio CD addresses the question, “How can we know whether there is a God?”
Human fingerprints are unique to the individual. When left on surfaces, they provide evidence that a person was there. Does God leave fingerprints to help us know of His existence? The Bible says:
[T]hat which is known about God is evident within [all people]; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse (Romans 1:19-20).
Dr. Don Bierle holds M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in the life sciences, and an M.A. degree in New Testament studies. As a scientist and former skeptic, Don explains some of the “fingerprint evidence” which convinced him to begin a life-changing journey from skepticism to faith:
- Evidence of God’s Fingerprints in Nature
- Is there scientific evidence for Intelligent Design?
- Evidence of God’s Fingerprints in History
- Is there a reliable, historical record of God’s existence?
- Evidence of God’s Fingerprints in Personal Experience
- Can individuals experience the reality of God in their lives? Do their changed lives provide further evidence of God?